At the Law Offices of Andrew E. Goldner, your dedicated personal injury attorneys, our practice is devoted solely to handling serious injury and wrongful death cases. Our Atlanta personal injury law firm does not simply dabble in many different areas of law. We focus all of our energy and attention on assisting accident victims. Please reach out to us if you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in any of the following accidents:
Our personal injury law firm has considerable experience handling cases involving several different types of catastrophic injuries. For example, many of our past clients had suffered serious brain injuries or serious spine injuries. These type of injuries often require extensive surgical procedures and result in years of medical expenses. We have helped our catastrophically injured clients recover compensation that fully accounts for the damages associated with these complex and debilitating injuries. In addition, we have represented individuals who have suffered various other types of physical trauma (herniated discs, brain bleeds, and fractures), who require prolonged physical therapy. We understand that any time you or a loved one suffers a serious injury, finding the right medical team and experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer to assist in the recovery is crucial. Our Personal Injury Attorneys value and appreciates the opportunity to help our clients through this very challenging time.
Our Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You Hold the Responsible Party Accountable
Far too many serious personal injuries and fatalities occur as a result of truck, car, motorcycle, bike and other accidents. In fact, according to a study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidents are the third leading cause of death in the United States. Nearly 140,000 Americans die in accidents each year. Only heart problems and cancer currently take more lives. Further, many millions more are very seriously injured in accidents every year. Serious injuries can can be truly life-altering.
While it is certainly true that some accidents are truly unavoidable, those cases are the rare exceptions. The vast majority of accidents could have been prevented if some straightforward and simple safety precautions had been taken. If you have been injured in an accident, our Atlanta personal injury attorneys will help you hold the responsible party accountable. In Georgia, liability for injuries is generally established by proving negligence. Put simply, if another person, business or organization caused your accident because they failed to take proper care, then we will help you hold them liable. Applying negligence to any specific case can quickly become complicated. If fault is disputed in your case, you need aggressive legal representation today.
We Can Help You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Our team has helped many victims recover the full and fair compensation that they deserve. You are entitled to recovery for the full extent of your economic and your noneconomic losses. Specifically, our team will help you seek compensation for:
- Your medical bills;
- Any costs associated with rehabilitation;
- Likely future medical costs;
- Lost wages;
- Lost future earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental or emotional distress;
- Disfigurement; and
- Loss of life enjoyment.
Ultimately, determining the value of your case will always require a comprehensive review of your injuries. Even if you can prove liability, you will not be able to recover the full compensation that you deserve if you can not prove your damages. This is one reason why it is so important to get your case into the hands of an Atlanta personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. Your personal injury attorney will be able to help you gather and secure the supporting evidence that is necessary to establish your damages. Many forms of evidence begin to deteriorate very quickly after an accident occurs. Your attorney will be sure to take swift action to preserve important supporting evidence.
We Can Help You Deal with the Insurance Company
Many Atlanta personal injury cases involve an insurance company. For example, an insurance company might represent another driver, a trucking company, a Georgia business or even a homeowner. Often victims find themselves stuck dealing with an opposing insurance company. Unfortunately, the big insurance companies are rarely eager to offer victims the full and fair compensation that they truly deserves. Our Atlanta personal injury firm has extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies and we know how to hold them accountable. You do not want to deal with these companies on your own. They are staffed by well-trained professionals who are prepared with many tactics that will be used to try to limit your settlement offer. After all, the company will make more money by paying you less. Our personal injury team will help you even the playing field. We understand the process and we have the experience to keep the insurance company honest. If you have been seriously injured in Georgia, please do not start negotiating with an insurance company without first consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Atlanta personal injury lawyer Andy Goldner has received an “AV” rating from the Martindale-Hubbell National Legal Directory. The “AV” rating, based upon a peer-reviewed system, is the highest designation given for lawyer competence and integrity. Mr. Goldner has also been honored by his peers with the designation of “Superlawyer” in the area of Plaintiff’s Personal Injury cases. In 2011 and 2016, Andy was selected by Georgia Trend Magazine as one of Georgia’s “Legal Elite.” Andy is frequently invited to speak at state-wide legal seminars on topics such as car and tractor-trailer accidents, nursing home negligence, and inadequate security cases.
Our law firm spends the time, resources, and energy necessary to fully litigate each case from pre-suit negotiations through trial and beyond. Unlike many firms representing Plaintiffs, we have the trial experience and results necessary to fully litigate serious injury matters. We encourage any potential client to read what our past clients have to say about our work—any firm can make promises, but our firm delivers results. We have recovered millions of dollars for clients in Atlanta and all over the state of Georgia over the last few years alone. Hiring a serious Atlanta injury lawyer is a significant decision and one that should be made after carefully considering the attorney’s experience and results.
Atlanta, Georgia Personal Injury FAQ’s
In general, Georgia law provides that the statute of limitations for personal injury actions is two years. What does this mean? An injured person must file his lawsuit no later than two years after the date of the negligent act for which he is bringing suit. For example, if one is in a car or trucking collision on July 1, the injured person must bring suit no later than July 1, two years later.
In Georgia, a spouse is entitled to seek damages for injuries suffered by other spouse if such injuries interfere with the marital relationship. These damages seek to compensate the spouse for his or her loss of consortium. The law accounts for the fact that in addition to marital relations, husbands and wives share household duties, errands, chores, etc. If one spouse is severely injured and cannot perform some, or any, of these tasks, the other spouse may seek compensation for this lack of support and increased burden. Georgia law mandates that actions for loss of consortium must be brought within four years of the date of injury to the other spouse.
The most important tool one can use in selecting a personal injury lawyer is common sense. Many hire a personal injury lawyer simply because they’ve seen them on billboards. Don’t. Do your research. Be skeptical of lawyers who make promises regarding specific monetary results. Experienced and knowledge attorneys know that, in most cases, it is almost impossible to predict exactly what a claim is worth. Case value depends upon so many variable factors which must be assessed in a detailed, methodical way. Unfortunately, many lawyers make empty promises they cannot keep in an effort to secure business from clients. When deciding upon an Atlanta personal injury lawyer to handle a serious matter, ask him or her the following questions:
- What areas of law does your practice focus on? There are many “full-service” law firms. However, offices that offer legal representation in almost every discipline of law are often not the best suited for serious injury and wrongful death cases, as these areas require specialized knowledge. If you or a loved one has been injured, the best option is to find a law firm that specializes in personal injury law. Lawyers, like doctors, specialize in certain areas, and a client is best served by a law firm with substantial experience in the particular area at issue for his or her case.
- What specific areas of personal injury law does your practice focus on? Even within personal injury law there are several sub-practice areas, such as semi truck accidents, auto accidents, premises liability, child injury law, etc. You should select an injury law firm that knows how to handle your exact type of case.
- When was the last time you personally handled a serious injury or death case? Once again, this comes down to experience. A law firm that frequently litigates cases of this nature will be most prepared and best suited for your personal injury matter.
- Will you be the lawyer working on my case or will you refer it to another lawyer? Many attorneys refer injury cases to other lawyers for handling. You should be able to select the lawyer who will handle your matter. Ask the right questions and find out if the law firm you contacted will be handling your matter and, if so, if they have experience in the type of case you have.
- What is your plan for my case, pre-suit and if we have to file my case? If an attorney is experienced in personal injury law he should be able to easily communicate to you his plan for your case. Before selecting an attorney, you should feel confident in his ability to represent you. This question will give you a chance to personally assess the attorney’s experience and ability.
- Can I have the names of at least three prior clients for references? When selecting a doctor for surgery, you would likely ask friends and neighbors about which doctor has the best reputation and results. Why would you not go through a similar process for selecting legal representation for a serious injury matter? Don’t rely upon television advertisements or billboards. Ask any lawyer you interview for at least a few names of prior clients who will vouch for his ability.
- Have you been nominated for honors by your peers? Within the legal community, lawyers know who is good and who is not. Being nominated by his peers for awards is an excellent indication of expertise and good reputation in a particular area of law.
- How many cases do you litigate simultaneously? Law firms that take on a large amount of cases cannot give your matter the attention it deserves. You want a law firm that has the ability to focus on a few serious matters.
You Can Afford a Personal Injury Lawyer
We handle each case on a contingency fee basis, which means that our firm only gets paid if the client recovers money. In other words, our clients do not pay us upfront or by the hour-there is no out-of-pocket expense for the clients. Therefore, our clients are free to pick up the phone and call us for an update on the status of their case or call just to touch base, without concern about hourly billing. Each client is given Mr. Goldner’s direct phone number at the office and cell phone number. Further, we offer free comprehensive case evaluations to all injury victims in Georgia. If you have been injured, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team. We will review your claim free of charge, with no strings attached.
Contact Andrew Goldner, the Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney
In sum, we pride ourselves on close, personal relationships with our clients. Our law firm handles all aspects of serious injury litigation. We encourage you to explore our website, read what past clients have said about our work, review our results, and then call us for a free consultation.
WL – WebLinks Directory