Atlanta Slip and Fall Lawyer
Many people assume that when they slip and fall, they are the only ones to blame based on their own clumsiness. While this may certainly be the truth in some situations, most often, Atlanta slip and fall accident victims have the right to recover compensation for their injuries by filing a lawsuit with a dedicated Atlanta slip and fall attorney.
Slip and Fall Accidents and Injuries
While slip and falls are some of the most common accidents, they are also some of the most preventable, the most painful, and often the most destructive. Slip and fall accidents usually occur because of:
- Wet, slippery, or slick surfaces;
- Uneven walking surfaces, e.g. gravel, torn carpet, or unstable walkways;
- Objects and debris in walking areas; and
- Poorly maintained or broken stairs, elevators, escalators, and handrails.
Sometimes, situations may occur because of acts of nature – such as rain or ice that creates slippery walking surfaces – or because of an error – such as spilling a glass of water and failing to clean it up. Regardless of the reason, you should contact a slip and fall lawyer, while slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones. Broken bones are common in a slip and fall. The hip is a common area for a fracture to occur, as many people land directly on the hip. The wrist, elbow, and clavicle are also common fracture sites, as fractures here usually occur when a person extends their arm for stabilization, resulting in the arm taking the force of the fall.
- Head and brain injuries. In the worst of cases, a person may not land on their hip or their arm, but instead hit their head on the ground, or on an object on the way to the ground. The result can be a serious head or brain injury, ranging from contusions to a concussion. Anytime the head is impacted, a slip and fall victim should seek medical care, even if the injury does not initially appear to be serious.
- Back and spine injuries. A muscle, tendon, or ligament in the back may become strained or sprained during a slip and fall – many people complain of back pain after this accident type. In some cases, the back may be so significantly impacted that a fracture of a vertebrae in the spinal column occurs. In the worst of cases, the spinal cord may be impacted, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
In addition to the above injury categories, a person may sustain internal injuries, cuts and bruises, soft tissues injuries, and even psychological injuries in a slip and fall accident.
Premises Liability – Who Is Responsible for My Injuries?
After a slip and fall accident where you sustain injuries, you surely want to know who is responsible for your losses and who should be held liable. Premises liability law stipulates that the owner of a property has a duty to maintain that property in a safe condition – when the property owner fails to do so, and an individual suffers a slip and fall (or other accident type) and sustains an injury, the property owner may be held liable for damages. Here is what you need to prove to recover damages per the theory of premises liability:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care. In most cases, this duty is implied. If you were trespassing at the time of your slip and fall accident, it is possible that the property owner did not owe you a duty of care, and therefore cannot be held liable for your injuries. If you were on the property legally, however, then the property owner had a duty to keep their property reasonably free from hazards.
- The property owner neglected their duty of care. You must prove that a hazard existed on the property that the owner failed to correct in a reasonable amount of time – such as a large spill, ice, or cords in walking areas (all of which create a slip or trip hazard).
- The hazard was the cause of your slip and fall and injuries. In order to actually hold the property owner liable, you will have to prove that the hazardous condition was the direct cause of your slip and fall accident. Further, you will need to prove that you suffered actual damages, such as injuries, medical bills, loss of income, disability, etc.
Why You Should Work with the Law Offices of Andrew E. Goldner, Your Dedicated Slip and Fall Attorney
In order to improve the chances of your slip and fall claim being successful, you should work with the experienced Slip and Fall Attorneys at the Law Offices of Andrew E. Goldner. We have experience handling numerous slip and fall and trip and fall cases, which have causes broken bones, spine injury, and brain injury. Andrew E. Goldner, your Atlanta slip and fall attorney, has served as lead counsel in more than 70 personal injury cases which have resulted in monetary recoveries exceeding six or seven figures. If you want to get the money you deserve for your losses, you need a talented and aggressive slip and fall lawyer on your side. For a free case consultation, contact our law offices today.
Slip and fall lawyers sometimes get a bad rap. But someday when you find yourself the victim of someone else’s negligence, you will be glad to have one of these attorneys on your side. Proving your accident case without their experience can be hard. You likely don’t know where to even begin the process of filing your case. An experienced attorney can make this step effortless.
Here are a few more ways slip and fall lawyers can help you prove your case:
- Gathering Evidence
One of the biggest jobs in a slip and fall case is gathering evidence. This evidence could include:
- Witness statements
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Medical records
- Medical and repair bills
- And more
It can take a lot of time to round up all of this data. Do you have the time to run around town, make numerous phone calls, and file records requests? It’s not likely especially if you are still recovering from extensive injuries. Bringing in slip and fall lawyers will get this job done fast and correct.
- Save Your Energy
You have enough to worry about after a slip and fall accident. Your physical recovery should be your first and foremost concern. But the stack of medical bills grows daily. Your pain and suffering may even increase as time goes on. Just trying to get your life back to normal is bound to be a challenge.
You don’t have to add to your list of worries by taking on a slip and fall case. Hire attorneys who know how to handle your case and you will experience a great deal of relief.
- Increase Your Compensation
It’s practically a written rule that the insurance company’s first offer will be low. Your initial offer could be so low it’s insulting. Insurance companies are just like everyone else: they don’t want to spend money. The less they have to pay out for claims, the better their profits look. Getting that initial offer is not the time to run to the bank and cash the check. It’s time to hire a lawyer.
Experienced slip and fall lawyers will pursue better compensation for you based on a review of your case. There could be medical bills coming down the road that you can’t even predict. But the right attorney will know what a fair amount of money is in the long term.
Slip and Fall Lawyers at Goldner
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Andrew Goldner have helped thousands of Georgia slip and fall victims. Our staff has the skills and resources it takes to guide you through this challenging legal situation.
Have questions about slip and fall lawyers? Click to contact the Law Offices of Andrew Goldner online.
Atlanta Slip and Fall Lawyer | The Law Offices of Andrew Goldner, Your Personal Injury Lawyers for Slip and Falls